The Community Room project is funded by the state Schleswig-Holstein and the Deutsche Telekom as part of the "Initiative New Media SH". It aims at developing learning spaces that can be utilized for different eLearning scenarios, supported through web-based E-Learning services.
Bridging the gap between academic research and development on the one hand, as well as economic industries in Schleswig-Holstein, this project aims at an integration of concepts for corporate E-Learning services, and E-Learning as part of the studies at MMC, as well as other E-Learning approaches in the academic field.
Seminars, lectures, and corporate eLearning courses are facilitated in various ways, providing all necessary elements, and supporting concepts for blended learning, as well as for distance education.
As part of this project, the MMC provides multimedia technology and conference- and training-rooms to support E-Learning trainings, as well as computer supported cooperative work. Media managers support corporate, and other eLearning tutors and enhance their technical abilities. Combining daily use of computers, hand-helds, and other devices with multimedia lectures, i.e. text, images, audio, and video.
The purpose of this experimental digital classroom is having a laboratory for testing new classroom technologies at MMC.
- Web-based E-Learning platform connected via Business-DSL (Moodle 1.2.4+)
- Laptops and Tablet PCs, connected via Wireless LAN
- Electronic Whiteboard for interactive presentations
- 3D-presentation through stereoscopic projectors with polarized glasses
- Interactive teaching software (MasterEye)
- Application Sharing, and Video-/Voice-Chat (Netmeeting)
- Recording of lectures via video and/or audio (under construction)
- Community-Room: An experimental classroom designed to enrich the learning process by engaging students in analytic and creative situations. Up to 15 people can utilize modern multimedia technology during trainings.
- Three large lecture rooms can be utilized additionally.
- video- and/or audio-conferencing
- Distance education via webbased cooperation, using webbased services, such as synchronous, and asynchronous communication
- Blended learning, integrating distance education, and presence workshops