10 th International Conference on Computers
Helping People with Special Needs
July 12-14, 2006, University of Linz, Austria
Special Thematic Session (STS)
Automatic and manual evaluation of websites
|Helen Petrie||Gerhard Weber|
|University of York||University Kiel - Multimedia Campus|
|York YO10 5DD||24118 Kiel|
Benchmarking access to the web is an ongoing development since the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines have been published.
Funded by the European Union, the WAB Cluster - Web Accessibility Benchmarking (WAB) Cluster investigates new methods for benchmarking the web’s accessibility, in close coordination with WAI. The cluster goal is to define a unified web evaluation methodology (UWEM) for conformance to the WCAG guidelines.
We are looking for contributions in these areas:
- case studies of local and remote testing with users,
- development techniques for large scale automatic testing,
- techniques for visualisation and reporting of test results ,
- scenarios for integrated manual or automatic evaluation of web accessibility, and
- development of labels and quality marks
Submission Deadline: January, 25th 2006
All papers undergo careful peer review and will appear in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Manuscripts must be submitted directly to the conference management system: http://www.icchp.org/content/view/59/92
Please send any inquiries directly to the STS chairs.