Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gerhard Weber
Gerhard Weber holds the Chair in Human-Centered Interfaces from Christian Albrechts-University of Kiel. He received a diploma in Computer Science from University of Stuttgart in 1984 and a doctoral degree from University of Stuttgart in 1989. He completed his Habilitation at University of Magdeburg in 2000. Prof. Weber is a member of Association of Computing Machinery, Gesellschaft für Informatik and vice-chair of IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing ) Working Group 13.3 "HCI and disabilities".
In his professional life he has been a scientist at University of Stuttgart from 1984 on, lectured at Overbrook School for the Blind in 1988/89, and joined F.H. Papenmeier GmbH in 1990. In 1996 he became Professor for Operating Systems and Graphical User Interfaces at Harz University of Applied Sciences and since 2002 he is Professor at Multimedia Campus Kiel.
- Supporting the development of guidelines to ensure web accessibility
through integration of automatic and manual web site evaluation tools:
- Personalization of mobile multimedia services addressing elderly people
- Convergence of Interactive Digital TV and Web technologies:
- Accessible hypermedia systems including speech, tactile graphics,
Braille and force feedback:
- Fax processing for Moon and Braille output (PRINT)
- Access to mathematical documents and editing programs (MATHS)
- Access to graphical user interfaces (GUIB)
Phone: +49-(0)431-70 976 21
Office hours on appointment.
- Petrie, H.; Weber, G.; Fisher, W.(2005): "Personalisation, interaction and navigation in rich multimedia documents for print-disabled users", IBM Systems Journal, Vol 44, No 3, pp 629-636.
- Petrie, H.; Fisher, W.; Weimann, K.;Weber, G.(2004): "Augmenting Icons for Deaf Computer Users", Proceedings of CHI 2004, April 24-29, 2004, Vienna, Austria, ACM, pp.1131-1134.
- Petrie, H.; Langer, I.; Weber, G.; Fisher, W.; Gladstone, K.; Rundle, C.; Pyfers, L. (2002) Universal Interfaces to Multimedia Documents, International Conference on Multimodal User Interfaces, IEEE, (Pittsburg, 14-18.Okt. 2002), pp. 319-324.
- Fänger, J.; König, H.; Schneider, J.; Strothotte, Th.; Weber, G. (2000) Guided and Free Haptic Exploration of 3D Models, in Vollmar, R. und Wagner, R. (Hrsg.) Computers Helping People with Special Needs ICCHP 2000, Österreichische Computer Gesellschaft: Wien, pp. 745-752 .
- Weber, G. (2000): "Temporale Modellierung multimedialer intertaktiver Systeme" (Habilitationsschrift), Shaker: Aachen.
- Mynatt, B.; Weber, G. (1994): "Nonvisual Presentation of graphical user interfaces: contrasting two approaches", in Proceedings of CHI 1994 (Boston, MA, USA, April 24-28, 1994), ACM, New York, S. 166-172.
See our Publications section for a complete list.